We currently use 3 different roof coating systems;
- Mathys Noxyde®
- Metalseal from Liquasil
- Delcote from Giromax.
Noxyde® is a single-component waterborne elastic coating with very special anti-corrosive and water-resistant properties.
Noxyde® will not flake: it follows the movement of metal roofs as they contract and expand. Noxyde® does not let water in. Its excellent adhesion to metal means no underlying rust can occur even where the Noxyde® layer is mechanically damaged.
A single-component paint that is easy to apply and yet gives the same protection as a complicated and more expensive polyurethane system.
This product delivers excellent corrosion and waterproofing protection, up to 15 years in the highest corrosion class C5-M, according to ISO 12944
Time and labour savings are quickly achieved due to this product’s minimal preparation requirements coupled with faster airless spray painting application.
Metal roofs expand and contract depending on atmospheric conditions making Noxyde to clear choice because of its non-cracking 200% elasticity.
- Excellent corrosion protection and waterproofing properties.
- Primer and topcoat in one.
- Prevents rust from spreading
- Abrasion resistant
- 200% elastic coat which will not crack or peel.
- 100% coverage of nuts, bolts and welds.
- This is a Dry fall product, no overspray risks and fast clean up time.
- UV- and impact-resistant.
- Can be applied using time and money saving Airless spraying units.
- Excellent adhesion properties.
- Water resistant
- Minimal Surface Preparation; high-pressure cleaning with water
- Excellent Edge Coverage
- Insurance backed 10 and 15-year warranty’s available under most conditions.
- Impermeable to water
- Contains anti-corrosion pigments
- Excellent edge corrosion protection
Available in standard colours and other colours on request
Metalseal metal roof coating system from Liquasil is a brand-new, British innovation in silicone technology that out-performs other coatings in several key areas.
This is the first, full metal roof coating system to be made from a specially formulated polymer to provide a hardened finish that actively repels water, resists environmental dirt pick-up and prevents the build up of unsightly moss and lichen growth.
If you are involved in specifying metal roof coatings as a building surveyor or architect, it’s time to consider a cost effective alternative to the usual cladding paints that have traditionally been used to date.
Metalseal is designed by Chartered Building Surveyors to provide you with not only a decorative finish, but also a protective finish that will ensure your clients’ buildings will stay looking good for longer, yet will often cost no more than a cladding paint!
Why Use Metalseal?
- Ecomomical – mostly applied in a single coat
- Easier Preparation – our corrosion treatment is applied directly to red rust (angle grinders not required!)
- Fast Application – the airless spray version can be installed at the rate of 2-400 sq metres per day
- Can be installed (and cured) at lower temperatures (-5°c)
- Remains flexible from -60°c to +200°c – more than enough to cope with thermal movement
- Can be used with our cut edge corrosion treatment
- Made in England
- Designed by Chartered Building Surveyors
- Available in any RAL colour
- Unique, hardened silicone technology – made for metal roofs
- Single-point, latent defects insurance warranty as standard (via approved installers)
Metalseal SF (solvent-free) is more suited for for brush / roller application and Metalseal 20 is designed for optimum application by airless spray.
Designed by our own building surveyors and chemists to overcome the problems associated with some coatings, Metalseal includes components of our cut edge corrosion system, so will add years to the life of your metal profiled roof and keep it looking its best.
The finish achieved with Metalseal rivals anything on the market and has the advantage of having superior protective properties and what’s more, it’s available in any RAL colour, subject to minimum ordering requirements of just 100 litres, which will provide approximate coverage of 300 sq metres.
For those buildings that are sensitive to fumes (food preparation, healthcare etc.), we recommend using the solvent free version which is brush or roller applied.
Unlike other coatings, there’s no need to switch off sensitive air handling equipment during installation, since there is no solvent smell or obnoxious fumes.
On certain substrates, including plastic fixing caps, rusted substrate and newer plastisol finishes, an additional primer or adhesion promoter may be required and of course, we have a range of options available to you.
Delcote® Architectural Coating
Roof & Wall Cladding Refurbishment
DELCOTE® is a silicone coating designed for re-coating roof and wall cladding substrate including masonry, concrete, asbestos cement, polyurethane foam and most painted or unpainted metals.
It is the ideal product for reinstating a protective coating to profiled metal cladding where its standard 200 micron application will provide protection equal to or better than the original coating.
- Primer-less adhesion to most substrates.
- Durability – proven world-wide use with a life expectancy of over 20 years
- Use with SEAMSIL® 100 cut edge corrosion repair.
- UV and temperature resistant for longer proven life.
- Proven long term protection against corrosion on metal roofs.
- Provides breathable membrane for protection of asbestos and concrete surfaces.
Why not contact us today and speak to the Industrial Painting Project Management experts.
With 40 years of experience you can trust us to get the job done right. Call us now on 0330 124 2616.