IPC Ltd take care of organising site welfare for your project.
- The law says that clients and contractors have responsibilities regarding welfare facilities on construction projects.
- We will provide welfare facilities for the onsite crew and make sure on your behalf that all facilities provided are compliant. You as the client, have a responsibility to ensure this happens.
- The pre-construction information prepared by the client should include the arrangements for welfare provision. On notifiable projects (longer than 30 days or 500 person days), the client must ensure the construction phase does not start unless they are satisfied that there are arrangements for welfare facilities to be provided.
- We have a responsibility to maintain the facilities throughout the life of the project.
- The nature and scale of facilities required will depend on the size, location and type of project.
Everyone who works on any site must have:
Toilets should be suitable and sufficient, ventilated, lit and kept in a clean and orderly condition.
Washing facilities must be provided so that workers can use them immediately after using the toilet or urinal, even if they are provided elsewhere.
General washing facilities must be suitable and sufficient, kept clean and orderly and with basins or sinks large enough for people to wash their face, hands and forearms.
The facilities should include:
- clean hot and cold, or warm, running water;
- soap or other suitable means of cleaning;
- towels or other suitable means of drying; and
- showers where the nature of work is particularly dirty or there is a need to decontaminate.
Drinking water must be provided or made available at readily accessible and suitable places.
Cups are required unless the supply is in a jet from which people can drink easily.
Changing rooms and lockers
Changing rooms are needed where workers have to wear special clothing for the purposes of their work and cannot be expected to change elsewhere.
The rooms must be provided with seating, means of drying and keeping clothing and personal effects secure.
Facilities for rest
Rest rooms or rest areas are required equipped with tables and seating (with backs) sufficient for the number of persons likely to use them at any one time.
There should be arrangements for meals to be prepared and eaten, plus means for boiling water. In cold weather, heating should be provided.
Why not contact us today and speak to the Industrial Painting Project Management experts.
With 40 years of experience you can trust us to get the job done right. Call us now on 0330 124 2616.